The Rickshaw Diaries

Updates and musings from my trip to Africa ...and formerly a documentation/narrative of my trip to India and South East Asia (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand) with three friends and an open mind.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

More Anything?...

I arrived in Chennai at 4am and am now waiting for the guys to show up (they get in in about an hour). I can't wait to show them around, its gonna be a blast. Hopefully they make it thru the 'mean streets' of Delhi okay...

My trip was very long (due to unplanned and unneccessarily long airport layovers) but took a turn for the incredible on the second leg of the journey (London to Chennai). A family of three travelling with a young child was separated and wanted my seat, because I remained pleasant and smiled (which was due more to how tired and out of it I was) they upgraded me to business class and gave me seat in coach away!! Sweet tities it was as I enjoyed expensive champagne, fine cheeses and rich chocolates by the basket-full...oh and did I mention the lie-flat bed?? The view was also spectacular as I could look straight into the Rolls Royce engine as well as see all the landscape far below thanks to the Boeing 777's low flying altitude. All in all the sweetest plane trip ever, and it couldnt have come at a better time cause boy did I need it.

The only problem is I don't think I'll be able to go back...

"They have cookies!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home