The Rickshaw Diaries

Updates and musings from my trip to Africa ...and formerly a documentation/narrative of my trip to India and South East Asia (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand) with three friends and an open mind.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Les Boys arrive

Derek, Dave and Benny have arrived relatively safe and sound (SEE: Book 3 of Derek's blog in "Links" section). Its great to have them and showing them around Chennai has been fun. Our plan is to make short trips to Pondicherry, Kodikanal (a hill station) and other stops near Chennai before launching into the main travel stint (which takes us onwards to Goa via Kerala).

Unfortunately I have been stricken with a sever case of septic tonsilitis which refuses to go away depite the heavy medication I am on...swallowing anything kills so my appetite has taken a hard shot which of course is seriously cramping my style (who's got apply sauce?). Am on the mend tho so nothing to worry about.

It is very interesting for me talking to the guys about how they find India. I am almost seeing the country in another light, or rather through the eyes of a new arrival. Things that I now regard as mundane for Indian life are so foreign and in some case disturbing for these fresh faced young travellers, it reminds me of my first experiences of returning. I'll have to enjoy this as much as possible now because I'm sure they will become hardy veterans in just a short while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home