The Rickshaw Diaries

Updates and musings from my trip to Africa ...and formerly a documentation/narrative of my trip to India and South East Asia (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand) with three friends and an open mind.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Picture time

Right now we're having one heck of a time in Laos. This place is an outdoor paradise! Less toursits in some places we've been and we've spent the past week outdoors for at least 6 hours a day. Tuesday was a 54 km bike ride, Wednesday involved a run for Jenn and a beautiful swim for me (25m pool!!), Thursday was a 15km hike and today we kayaked around town for the day. I'll write about this place later but for now, here are a few pics as promised from Burma. I'm not quite the photographer that Jenn is but I've posted a few of my favs that will hopefully do the place justice.









Jenn and I after a dip in Innle Lake

The Bug.

Getting ready to chow down on the bug.

Floating Market

Goofing around with some hats. Don't worry, we didn't actually buy these.

Young kids paddling even younger kids to school.

Relaxing under the sun as we motored through the villages.

Men fishing. They use their feet to paddle while their hands work the net. They make it look easy as Jenn and I found out when we took our own canoe for a paddle.

Touched a cow in Switzerland and a water buffalo in Myanmar. I was quite proud and I think Jenn was too.

When was the last time you saw one of these? Used to crush peanuts for the peanut oil.

2 Comments:

Blogger ktsang said...

Honestly, what's with you and cows Shaina??!! Anyways, seems like you guys are having an awesome time out there like usual and I've got to go to work so....later.

10:52 AM  
Blogger ktsang said...

Happy Birthday from Jon (Cuz he's lazy and doesn't have a blog account)

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home